Sunday, April 12, 2009

Reliance Net Connect!

I know a senior manager in a company who rallied against ICICI insurence coz after his wife had delivered the baby, they got to know none of the expenses are covered in the insurance although such promises were made while signing the policy. ICICI dint pay and subsequently ICICI employee insurance was cancelled in that company. Such incidents can be infuriating and I can really understand. Coz something similar (not as big as ICICI fiasco though) happened with me as well.
It all started when during internship I needed to check mails and therefore went to Reliance outlet to get a Net connect card. They asked me where I lived and I told them I was in Mumbai for 2 months for internship and hence needed the card. The grand officer refused connection flatly and I wasnt amused. He explained that I needed to be a resident of that area if I wanted the card. Well, if I was living there, why in the world would I carry a wireless card that gives a measly speed! why not take a broadband instead? The whole idea of having a wireless card was to help ppl who travel arnd a lot and if I cnt buy such a card in India (and I was giving my passport as the proof), where should I go buy one? To Pakistan? But that guy dint give up. I was told I could get a letter from a local saying I am staying with him and then they will give me a card. Ok, so I got a local friend to write one such letter and marched again to Reliance outlet. Quite ridiculously, they went on to refuse again! This time saying, I have to take the card not in my name but in my friend's name! Then why the hell did they ask me to get that damned letter! I was pissed. Finally, my friend was kind enuf to take that card in his name and as a proud Indian I took the card (there was no other such dealership nearby,so reliance seemed an easy option earlier!). I used the card for those 2 months, came back to the campus to finish my degree.

Last week, having come back home after convocation, I again needed internet connection and I had the card this time. I just needed a recharge. So again I was off to the nearest Reliance outlet. And not surprisingly, I was told I cnt get a recharge on that old number? Why? Coz its old. Huh? Ok, so what next? We will give you a new number and u pay a lil extra. Ok, I have no choice. So gimme one. And this time since I was local, I could give my own papers!! I was thrilled that I am finally eligible to buy such an esteemed connection in my own name. anyway, I gave the papers and was told there wud be a guy coming down for verification of address and all that. I had no problems of course. Very next day, some guy came and confirmed that I indeed lived there and that my passport wasnt fake finally. I got a call on my cell and another one on the landline. Convinced finally that I was indeed the person I claimed to be, my connection was turned on. But then how can you possibly forget that its Reliance Netconnect after all. The very next day, while I was sending an email about some joining formalities to my employer, I realised my connection has been cancelled. Confused, I called the helpline. And guess what! It turns out theres a problem with my verification. Phew! They met me in that very address, I have lived there for 11 years, they called me on both the numbers I had given, my connection worked for one full day after that and now you are telling me that I am not what I claim to be! Honestly, if Reliance was asked to take care of our borders, I am quite sure, they will succeed in keeping out not only those Bangladehis and Pakistanis but also some of the Indians! They are just so Goddamned good! Pissed, I called the dealer I had taken the card from. He is also surprised! Now what should my reaction be! super surprised? anyway, he promises to find out the problem. The next morning I check again and I see that suddenly the connection is working. Now I dnt know whether to be happy or sad coz u never know when they will cut the connection again saying I am not the person I say I am. Its been a week now and so far so good. But knowing that its Relaince NetConnect, I wouldnt be surprised if one day they call me and say I am a suspected Taliban leader!
Its just absurd the way some companies work. I understand you gotta ensure that in a post paid connectio the company doesnt lose money but does it mean u will stop giving connections to ppl who are in a city for a few months? Why not have sm initial deposit instead? Do you really think someone will buy a dongle worth 2700 and then not pay a bill of what 300 bucks??? Knowing fully well that he cnt use that card for any other company again! And why would you cut the connection after all the verifications! Its senseless. I just dnt know what to call them!
I dnt think Reliance NetConnect ppl can change the dumb way they work. But I do hope not many companies in India would follow their policies!!

2 comments:

lori ian said...

My name is donald boykins , am here to appreciate Dr Akhigbe for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Akhigbe curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Akhigbe on his email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .Akhigbe, God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cures.i dont know if there is any one out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases..DIABETIES, CANCER,GENITAL AND SIMPLEX HERPES,LOW SPERMS COUNT,SYPHILIS,HIV/AIDS,FIBRIOD,COPD,MENINGITIES,HEPATITIES B [HBV] DISEASES .etc why don't you contact dr.Akhigbe today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2348142454860

lori ian said...

My name is donald boykins , am here to appreciate Dr Akhigbe for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Akhigbe curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Akhigbe on his email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .Akhigbe, God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cures.i dont know if there is any one out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases..DIABETIES, CANCER,GENITAL AND SIMPLEX HERPES,LOW SPERMS COUNT,SYPHILIS,HIV/AIDS,FIBRIOD,COPD,MENINGITIES,HEPATITIES B [HBV] DISEASES .etc why don't you contact dr.Akhigbe today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor. contact him via email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +2348142454860