Sunday, June 6, 2010

After a long while..

Its been over a year now since I last wrote something. It has been a long year where personally it hasnt been going that great. There have been many sleepless nights and so on so forth.I have also noticed in this time that a lot of people (some I like, some I despise) blog very diligently. I have no such desire.I belong when it helps me to collect my thoughts. If someone doesnt like something that I say, please move on. As I try to write this,I wonder where should I begin. I have no clue. But I will start with something that these days keeps my mind engaged and helps me focus on something. It is about the interconnected nature of different events that happen in the world. Lets first focus on what the west especially England has done in the past to the world because of which various countries are still paying the price. India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Israel, Kenya, South Africa and the list goes on. All these countries have paid a huge price for what the West unleashed on them. I am not endorsing what the fundamentalists are doing to retaliate but I just feel that there is something more that we need to understand, to analyze. I thought about where to start analyzing. The first thought obviously was India, where the partition left scars that are yet to heal. But I have ultimately decided to start with Kenya. Primarily because I am in Africa (South Africa to be precise) and I also happen to be reading a book on Kenya at the moment. The idea will be to trace what the West did to further its own selfish interests and how today a lot of people think that non-Western countries are their own enemies. Personally, this is also meant to be some sort of a diary where I would keep all my thoughts collected on the World and its past.
Onwards then.

No comments: